The International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis awards members of the ME/CFS community. Most are awarded at their biennial conference.
Rudy Perpich awardees[edit | edit source]
Presented to a distinguished ME/CFS and FM scientist, physician or healthcare worker.
- 1996 - Alexis Shelokov, M.D.
- 1998 - Philip Lee, M.D.
- 2001 - Anthony Komaroff, M.D.
- 2003 - Daniel Peterson, M.D.
- 2004 - Dedra Buchwald, M.D.
- 2007 - Dharam Ablashi, D.V.M.
- 2009 - Benjamin Natelson, M.D.
- 2011 - Leonard Jason, Ph.D.
- 2014 - Nancy Klimas, M.D.
- 2016 - Lucinda Bateman, M.D.
Nelson Gantz Outstanding Clinician Awardee[edit | edit source]
Awarded to a physician who emulates Gantz's clinical acumen, his passion for medicine, and his empathy for persons with ME/CFS and FM.
- 2007 - Daniel Peterson, M.D.
- 2009 - Charles Lapp, M.D.
- 2011 - Nancy Klimas, M.D.
- 2014 - Kathy Rowe, M.D., M.P.H.
- 2016 - Rosamund Vallings, BS, MB, MNZM
Junior Investigator awardees[edit | edit source]
Awarded to young ME/CFS and FM researchers in recognition of their work.
- 1998 - Pascale De Becker, Ph.D.
- 2001 - Richard Herrell, Ph.D.
- 2003 - Dane Cook, Ph.D.
- 2004 - Susan Torres-Harding, Ph.D.
- 2007 - Elke Van Hoof, Ph.D.
- 2009 - Nicole S. Porter, Ph.D.
- 2011 - Ekua Brenu, Ph.D.
- 2014 - Madison Sunnquist, B.S.
- 2016 - Sharni Hardcastle, Ph.D.
Research Award[edit | edit source]
Special Service Awards[edit | edit source]
- 2001 - Kim Kenney
- 2003 - Orvalene Prewitt
- 2004 - Judy Basso and Christine Hunter
- 2009 - Annette Whittemore
- 2011 - Lydia Neilson and Ellen Piro
- 2014 - Pia Simpson and Richard Simpson, Invest in ME
- 2016 - David Tuller, DrPH, and Cort Johnson, MS
References[edit | edit source]
- Jake Greene. "IACFS/ME Awardees". www.iacfsme.org. Retrieved Feb 19, 2020.